14 Days in...

And i finally decide to type something. Of course I haven't been home in a while. Actually i dont have an idea of what "home" is right now. Things are crazy right now, but it's the good crazy. This is prolly the nonsense that recent grads go thru when they don't have any idea what they want to do... That's prolly the closest to my situation. Except everything seems to be working out just fine... just that I'm a teacher, which generally means that if you're not in at the beginning of the year, you just have to wait. I've had quite a few callbacks, and life is great. Cept the potential of getting a career doesn't keep the power on. This whole bills thing wasn't anything i couldn't handle before... i figured it was gonna be the same.... Na not so much. I feel bad cause i have people i have to write checks to.... and generally i wouldn't even have to worry about it, i'd just go in the account and stroke the check. Not so much now. lol. now paying them (while companies owe ME money) means that my shit isn't taken care of. yanno, student loans,rent, credit cards and such... yanno real life stuff. (disclaimer- I AM NOT RICH... although yall love to think i am lol) So when i say this... i mean it. I'm broke. There is no special Brandon Woods version of broke that means i'm not going to be able to shop at best buy this week... i need some more income comin in. ya feel? lol.

Now that i've gotten my financial rant out the way... I'm all types of excited about where I'm going with my life right now. Teaching at Hampton was... interesting.... reminded me why i don't like that place... If you thought it was bad as a student, being an employee was even worse. But i got what i wanted outta it... something to keep me afloat, and a few recommendations. It wasn't a place i would want to spend the next 4-7 years. 30 and being in hampton roads? FAWKDAT. So I'm in D.C. doin some i.t. work to keep me occupied for the time being. Too bad shit costs SO MUCH compared to down there... I just got spoiled. But if you thought D.C. was bad...

I'm set to teach... In NEW YORK. yea. overpopulated, loud, hectic, expensive ass new york. I don't know what the hell happened.. i went from nice and quiet, chill north carolina, to ALLLAAAATHISSHIT! Actually i do kno what happened. In this time where EVERYONE is done with college, it occurred to me that havin all those people that i was fond of (and if you know me... I do not like too many people) aren't gonna be in the same place (not like they were anyways...) but sheesh. But two people closest to me just so happen to be in new york... and the school? dont get me started on how much i love the school. It just seems like a great match for what i'm doing right now. That school had bout 90% black kids.... and only 2 black teachers.
Can't get TOO upset, cause I really feel like black folk just dont wanna teach our own people. So i'm grateful that the white folks do it (even if it is generated because of the good ol white man's guilt...)... wait. did i just say somethin about being grateful that a white person did something? SHEESH. (someone asked me am i irritated with my race... FUCK YES, that's another post tho)

Nonetheless, I'm really excited about being at this school. The structure? REDIC. (and yall know i'm not one for structure. lol) they FORCE the parents to show that they'll be involved, before they'll even CONSIDER to have the kid into their school. They wear an uniform, but when you hit middle school, the boys can wear whatever kind of tie they want. I thought that was cool. Everyone doesn't look the same, but there's still a dress code to follow. It's the little things. The kids are talkin about college at 2nd grade. That's some great shit. I mean to even have that as a concept (cause i'm sure they dont kno what college is)... but to even have a concept of it..... is .... better than some 23 year olds. #jussayinn...

ok i got distracted. and post over. I really hate when i do this. Maybe I'll make up for it with another update today.

No comments:

Post a Comment