Part time friendships.

First off- I have an interview for a teaching gig in ny tomarra. BAM.
#2 My little sister (and ALLA the family) will be here this week... YUHS.
#3 I've decided to become more serious about writing. I reached out to this incredibly talented writer (@ http://www.untiligetmarried.com), and he shot me back an e-mail. Talk about gettin a kick in the ass to do things... there we go.

So about this title.

Everyone I know is pretty much in the 20-25 range... The range of confusion, chaos, frustration, and things of the sort. I'm going through it too. I'm stuck in D.C., not doing what i want to do, unhappy with my living situation (being as i've had and paid for my own place since 2004) and various frustrations. To counteract that, I've made a conscious effort to be a better friend to those around me, because i know that shit is real, we're all four seconds from losing our minds, and sometimes it's just good to vent, have a drink, or just avoid the real life shit that is challenging, yet scary as shit at the same time. Be the support system. Not asking to be the priority, but damn, we're in this together. I don't know... Like for me, it's hard being a hardass all day at work (black man's defense mechanism, which often ends up being his downfall..)... and then can't just let your guard down after work. It's not asking someone to be a crutch, but sometimes just being at the club/lounge doesn't cut it. There's some lifestyle traits that need to be developed now... We're not in college, and yes it sucks, but I got your back, hope you got mine.

The people that i usta rely on in college aren't there. And I'm one to disappear, i know that... but it's like maybe the proximity really aided in a misrepresented relationship? We were cool because we were there? It's the Ron Burgundy, "I love lamp. Do you love lamp because you saw it?" It's that kinda thing. Not the text message in the am that just says have a great day that makes you smile... not anything like that because it's an out of sight, out of mind kinda thing. Understanding that life is hectic as shit for EVERYONE, shouldn't you be more inclined to go out of your way to make sure that the people you care about are ok? This isn't a bitter rant... It's just observation...

What I'm trying to say is essentially, when people go to "find themselves", they always seem to disappear... and granted, some personal time is needed to evaluate things, but don't forget that you is molded by the experiences and interactions of the people who decide to ride with you through it.

This blog was weak. I'm not satisfied with it, but damn the boondocks is comin on tonight... you'll get your fix from there. lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment